The purpose of this privacy and personal information statement is to explain how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We may collect personal information from you, our client or a prospective client. This may include (but is not limited to) the following information:
• Your legal name, and the name of any organisation or entity you represent in requesting our services from;
• Your Income Tax or GST Number, if required;
• Your contact information;
• Your location;
• Billing, postal and street address; and
• Other personal details that may be relevant to providing services to you. This may include your age, citizenship, country of residence, income and investments, family and other personal details that is directly relevant to the advice or services you have requested.
While you are not required by law to provide us with your personal information, we may require certain information before we can assist you. In particular, if you choose not to provide evidence of your legal name, your legal ownership or authority to act for a client or prospective client, or any other information we are required to collect under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act (AML/CFT), we may not be able to provide services to you.
What will we do with your personal information?
We may use your personal information in order to:
• conduct our business, including providing advice and services to you, our client, and your advisors;
• communicate with you;
• for administrative and marketing purposes; and
• maintain records for any obligations under the law of New Zealand, including the AML/CFT Act.
We will generally only use personal information provided to us for the purpose you provided it. We may also use personal information provided to us for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act (e.g. with your consent, for a directly related purpose, or where the law permits or requires it).
How may we share your personal information?
Besides our staff, we may share your personal information with your advisors (or your clients if our advice was for their benefit) as advised by you in order for us to carry out our services. We may also share your personal information with third parties if we are required to do so by law or if (in our reasonable opinion) you have authorised us to do so.
How we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse. We keep your personal information safe by storing it electronically, which is protected via password and an external data security and backup service. We also may store your information in paper form in our Riccarton office, which is locked when unoccupied in a secure building with security monitoring, or at the home office of the Director of Shellock Consulting Ltd. Only our staff have access to your personal information.
You can access and correct your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your personal information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, by calling us on 021 037 8150, or by registered or couriered letter to our offices at Level 2, Unit 2, 21 Leslie Hills Drive, Riccarton, Christchurch.
This statement may change from time to time
We may update this privacy and personal information statement at any time by publishing an updated version on our website.